Finger Jam Download PDF← All Instructions | Tape Removal Instructions
Symptoms & Causes:
This may be caused by stubbing a finger or catching a ball the wrong way.
For this application you will need:
- 1 precut strip of StrengthTape
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 partner
Here are your simple steps to apply.
- Using scissors, cut the strip in half, from one end to the other.
- Then, placing the two halves together, fold them in half with the 4 ends aligned to cut rounded corners all at once.
- With the hand in a relaxed position, measure up the forearm about 4 inches above the wrist, then twist and stretch to break the backer paper, and with 0% stretch, anchor and rub the end on the forearm.
- Next, peel back the paper and with 0% stretch, place the tape on the wrist and about halfway up the hand toward the wounded finger.
- Then, with 10% stretch, place the rest of the tape on the top of the finger, ending on the last knuckle. Remove the paper, and with 0% stretch apply very end of the tape.
- Finally, cut the other side of the tape in half, place both pieces together, and using scissors, cut rounded corners into the ends.
- With one of these pieces, wrap the knuckle that has the pain, using 0% stretch all the way around. The other piece can be used as an extra later on.
- Rub the entire application with your hand or some of the backer paper to create heat so the adhesive will stick much better to the skin.