Groin Download PDF← All Instructions | Tape Removal Instructions
Symptoms & Causes:
Groin injuries are often caused by hyperextension or hyperabduction of the hip, abrupt changes in speed or direction.
For this application you will need:
- 2 strips of StrengthTape
Here are your simple steps to apply.
- In a sitting position, bring one foot up toward the groin area, with knee close to the ground, to create a slight stretch, assuming a lotus position with one leg.
- Twist and tear the paper backing from one end of your first strip of StrengthTape. With zero stretch, anchor the strip near the back of the knee on the inside back of the leg.
- With a 25% stretch, apply the length of the tape to the inside back of the thigh, anchoring the tape in the groin area with zero stretch.
- Apply the anchor of the second strip slightly closer to the knee and above the first strip's anchor so that the second strip will run almost parallel to the first strip, but closer to the front of the leg. Again, the anchor is applied with no stretch.
- With a 25% stretch, apply the length the the tape to the inside of the thigh running alongside the first strip, and anchor the end in the groin area with zero stretch.
- Rub the entire application with your hand or some of the backer paper to create heat so the adhesive will stick much better to the skin.