Hip Flexor Download PDF← All Instructions | Tape Removal Instructions
Symptoms & Causes:
Hip flexor injuries are often caused by kicking motions, over training, training on hills or stairs, or abrupt starts or stops.
For this application you will need:
- 2 strips of StrengthTape
Here are your simple steps to apply.
- Assume a kneeling position.
- Twist and tear the backing paper from the champion end of the tape. With zero stretch, anchor the end of the tape to the front of the thigh approximately two thirds up from the knee.
- While kneeling, lean back slightly to stretch the skin of your thighs and lower trunk.
- Apply 25% Stretch to the middle of the StrengthTape and align the innermost edge to cross the source of your hip flexor pain. With zero stretch, anchor the top end of the tape to the stomach slightly above the level of the belly button.
- Twist and tear the backing paper from the champion end of the second strip of tape. With zero stretch, anchor the champion end on the front of the thigh in a position to run parallel to the first piece of tape.
- Apply 25% stretch to the middle of the strip and align the outermost edge of the tape to cross the other side of the source of your hip flexor pain. With zero stretch, anchor the top end of the tape to the stomach next to the top anchor of the first strip.
- Rub the entire application with your hand or some of the backer paper to create heat so the adhesive will stick much better to the skin.