General Shoulder Download PDF← All Instructions | Tape Removal Instructions
Symptoms & Causes:
Shoulder tension is often caused by stress, compensation from a past injury, or discomfort due to poor biomechanics.
For this application you will need:
- 2 Pre-Cut Strips of StrengthTape, and a partner
Here are your simple steps to apply:
- Turn the body slightly away from the person applying the tape. Tilt the head to the opposite shoulder by turning it away and looking down. Ensure that the subject is sitting with good posture, and make sure the arm is dropped along the side of the body and completely relaxed.
- Twist and tear the champion end of the first strip to remove the backing paper. Anchor the the strip at the bottom of the deltoid or shoulder muscle where it creates a ‘V’ shape. Apply the strip at a 25% stretch, following the back-side of the muscle up to the top of the shoulder and anchoring the end with absolutely zero stretch.
- Anchor the 2nd strip just below and in front of the 1st strip on skin, again with no stretch. With a 25% stretch, apply the strip following the front of the deltoid or shoulder muscle to the top of the shoulder. Again, anchoring with absolutely zero stretch.
- Rub the entire application with your hand or some of the backer paper to create heat so the adhesive will stick much better to the skin.